Tax Credit Info
If you file taxes in Arizona, you can request that a portion of your tax liability amount go directly to Mountain Oak School. These funds support Spanish, Woodworking, Handwork, Percussion, Violin and Movement classes at our school, as well as after-school sports & the 8th grade year end trip. The best part is that you get to decide exactly where your money goes!
- As an individual you can send up to $200 of your State taxes to Mountain Oak School.
- As a couple filing jointly you can send up to $400 to Mountain Oak School.
- You do this by submitting a check, cash or credit card in your desired amount to Mountain Oak School
- Be sure to hand in a completed tax credit form with your payment so you can specify which program you want your money to go to. You can print the form by clicking here
- If you would like to donate online, please click here and fill out the form. Under PAYMENT INFORMATION, there is a question that asks where you would like your donation to go. Please choose TAX CREDIT from the drop-down menu, and then tell us what program you would like to support in the comments section. If you don’t have a preference as to where we use your money, you can leave this field blank.
- Tax Credit Letter: No matter which way you donate, Mountain Oak School will provide you with a tax credit letter to file with your state taxes. The letter is evidence that your tax liability amount went to benefit the extracurricular activities at Mountain Oak School.
Eligibility: Taxpayers aren’t required to have children in schools to take the credit. Taxpayers may take both the public- and private-school credits in the same year.
- Please visit www.azdor.gov to learn more about the State Tax Credit Program. It really is a win-win situation!
Details: This credit isn’t refundable, but unused amounts can be carried forward up to five years. In a new wrinkle, the deadline has been extended. For tax-year 2017 credits, donations can be made as late as April 15, 2018, rather than the Dec. 31 deadline that formerly applied.