Tax Credit Info
If you file taxes in Arizona, you can request that a portion of your tax liability amount go directly to Mountain Oak School.
These funds support Spanish, Woodworking, Handwork, Percussion, Violin, Gardening, Food Science, and Movement classes at our school, as well as after school sports!
The best part is that you get to decide exactly where your money goes!
- As an individual you can send up to $200 of your State taxes to Mountain Oak School.
- As a couple filing jointly you can send up to $400 to Mountain Oak School.
- You do this by submitting a check, cash or credit card in your desired amount to Mountain Oak School
- Be sure to hand in a completed tax credit form with your payment so you can specify which program you want your money to go to. You can print the form by clicking here
- If you would like to donate online, please click here and fill out the form. Under PAYMENT INFORMATION, there is a question that asks where you would like your donation to go. Please choose TAX CREDIT from the drop-down menu, and then tell us what program you would like to support in the comments section. If you don’t have a preference as to where we use your money, you can leave this field blank.
- Tax Credit Letter: No matter which way you donate, Mountain Oak School will provide you with a tax credit letter to file with your state taxes. The letter is evidence that your tax liability amount went to benefit the extracurricular activities at Mountain Oak School.
Eligibility: Taxpayers aren’t required to have children in schools to take the credit. Taxpayers may take both the public- and private-school credits in the same year.
Details: This credit isn’t refundable, but unused amounts can be carried forward up to five years. The deadline has been extended. For tax-year 2019 credits, donations can be made as late as April 15, 2020, rather than the Dec. 31 deadline that formerly applied.
- Please visit https://azdor.gov/tax-credits/public-school-tax-credit to learn more about the State Tax Credit Program. It really is a win-win situation!