Mountain Oak School offers a caring, personal atmosphere as well as an exciting educational program where academic and artistic abilities are fostered side by side. Attention is focused on all areas of a child’s development – emotional, social, physical and academic. Mountain Oak School is a public charter school inspired by Waldorf methods. It is tuition free and open to all age appropriate children. Enrollment forms are found under the enrollment tab and then click forms. If you have any questions or need assistance in completing your packet, please contact the office at (928) 541-7700. Thank you for your interest in Mountain Oak School and our outstanding educational program. We look forward to working with you and your child.
Mountain Oak is a public, charter school inspired by Waldorf Methods and it is tuition free. We highly encourage a Director, Parent, Teacher Orientation for new enrollments.
Limits for class size have been established for each grade. If that limit is reached, the student will be put on a waiting list. If a student is applying from out of town/state, a phone orientation can take place. Prospective kindergarten students must be five years old by September 1st. It is recommended that children entering first grade are six years old by September 1st . Children whose birthdays fall shortly thereafter are evaluated on an individual basis for readiness for our first grade curriculum.
Forms for Admission
Forms need to be completely filled out by the parent/guardian :
- A Mountain Oak Enrollment Form with current daytime and emergency phone numbers.
- Identity/ Age Verification document
- Birth Certificate or
- Baptismal Certificate, application for social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate or
- A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the pupil pursuant to title 8, chapter 2 certifying that the pupil has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law.
- A ‘Certificate of Immunization’ signed by a licensed physician certifying that the child has received age-appropriate immunizations as required by Law, or a ‘Request of Exemption from Immunization’ form signed by a parent or guardian.
Please bring the original and we will copy and certify for our records.
- Guidelines to determine Eligible Students
- A ‘Home Language Survey.’
- An ‘Emergency Medical Information’ card. Please notify the MOS office immediately upon change of address, daytime phone number, or emergency contact information.
- A ‘Request for Release of Records’ from the child’s previous school.
Blank copies of all forms are available in the school office.
Enrollment packets will be accepted:
- In person in the Mountain Oak School Office.
- Scanned and E-mailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail: Mountain Oak School, 1455 Willow Creek Road, Prescott AZ 86301