The Mountain Oak Charter School provides a developmentally appropriate, arts-integrated educational program designed to promote the growth and development of the whole child. This school fosters the intellect, nurtures the imagination, and recognizes the emotional life of each child. We strive to create a community that cultivates respect for self and for the broader community. Our aim is to inspire children to live engaged and successful lives,prepared to meet the demands of their world.
Teachers with Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to foster a nurturing classroom environment that respects all students and encourages them to do their best.
- Required to respect the confidentiality of information about enrolled children and families, personnel issues, contributors, and other school operations.
- Required to be a respectful, cooperative, and reliable team member and participant in school activities.
- Ability to multi-task and act independently; exercise sound judgment.
- Must be supportive of an environmentally friendly, commercial free atmosphere.
- Must be committed to building a diverse community.
Education and Experience Preferred
- A minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Waldorf teaching methods
- state teaching license
We encourage candidates of color to apply.
Keep checking back as new jobs are announced below and at waldorftoday.com
Postings for Teacher Assistants, paraprofessionals and hourly specialty teachers in the area of handwork, music, art, woodworking, foreign languages and eurythmy are highlighted below.
Current Job Openings:
Part Time- Small Group - Math Teacher
- Working with middle school students
- Algebra skills necessary and a fingerprint card required
- 10:30am, 1 to 2 hours a day, 5 days a week
- $30.00 per hour